Explore

Saturday 3 October 2015

Letter #15 - Happy Anniversary

Dear readers,

This post was planned to be uploaded on the anniversary of having this blog for one whole year and actively posting to it but as all things with me, I'm a bit late haha. It's about a year and 12 days to be precise!

I just really wanted to write to say that I've got a hell of a long way to go yet if I'm to live up to the name of this blog. I'm taking the "thousand letters" aspect of this very literally in order to bring some extra much needed structure to my life. But almost in contradiction to that, I also want to acknowledge that I am proud of myself for managing to keep this going for a year. I honestly didn't think I'd last a month.

I've learnt a lot about myself in this time too.

- I'm not a quitter, even if I don't do something at the exact time that I say I will. Eventually I get around to it and I do the best that I can
- I can focus a lot more than I give myself credit for.
- the hum of a moving vehicle is a great soundtrack to write to.
- I want to write more, I crave it now
- I want this blog to be successful, even if that means that just one person gains something from what I've written or feels even the tiniest bit of comfort or understanding from the words I'm typing out from my head to this screen. 

I'm also hugely excited and terrified from what this next year will bring. I have a dissertation to work on, and a degree to complete. I'm hoping that I won't entirely lose my mind in that time! Here's to hoping!

I always put a lot of pressure on myself to do better and work harder and I think I'll be holding myself to that more so this year than I ever have done. But I feel like I'm ready for it. I'm ready to work and learn and grow as a person. I'm also ready to put more into this blog and to create something good and worthwhile out of a simple hobby.

And this next part is very irrational and silly but sometimes silly is the best thing to be! This is letter number 15 and that alone seems like a good omen. All multiples of 5 are my favourite numbers - yes, I know! A favourite should be one but these are the favourites of an indecisive commitment-phobe.

Anyway, that's all I wanted to say really. I just wanted to acknowledge this small milestone in the only way I know how, by putting pen to paper or rather fingers to keyboard! 

Until next time, be inspired...

Love, Z

No comments:

Post a Comment