Explore

Wednesday 22 October 2014

Letter #3 - Apologies

Dear readers (and family and friends),

When I get stressed, I'm not the most pleasant person to be around. Actually that's a horrific understatement. Normally I try to actively contemplate my actions and whether I'm being a good person in my day to day life, but when I'm stressed, that is all out of the window. so I want to apologise for that.
I neglect my friends and I impose myself and my bad mood even more on my family. From the stress, I internalise a lot and get stress-related anxiety, which then makes me more stressed, and more anxious and so the cycle continues in this awful catch-22 situation. For this, I am sorry and to my family and friends, I hope I'm not too much of a pain to be around. I love you really :p

The reason I am writing about this is because I have been feeling majorly stressed lately. In the traditional sense of work getting to be too much, but also on a more existential level where I feel like every action I take will affect my life ten years down the line and so I want to make the right choices for myself but also by taking into account the people in my life.

Don't get me wrong, I do love being at university and the things that I'm learning make me feel as though I can do something to make a difference in the world. But sometimes it can all feel like too much. I think it is important to acknowledge that when it does happen so that you can then adjust how you are feeling and the perspective you want to take.

How about you guys? Does anyone have a good way of dealing with stress? Let me know!

Until next time, be inspired...


Love, 
Z

1 comment:

  1. Usually i deal with stress by not doing the work taht im stressing about...which is not good...i act pretty much the same as you do

    ReplyDelete